Aldium may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd November 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job description
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postal address including postcode
- Other information such as date of birth, bank and credit card details
Personal information may be collected on this website:
- Via enquiry
- When you purchase any of our products or services
- When you fill out a survey or vote in a poll on this website
- Through applications
- Through feedback forms and web analytics tags
- When you provide your details to us either online or offline
- Via cookies to collect website usage information (see below)
We may also collect IP addresses via web analytics packages and “form” information.
Any personal information you supply via this website (and by any other means) will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation intended to protect your personal information and privacy. Aldium Insurance Services Ltd is registered on the DPA register and complies with the terms and conditions of Data Protection Act 1998.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following information:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website.
- We will use information collected to safeguard against fraud and money-laundering. We are required to report details of some suspicious activities to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)
Disclosure of information
We may exchange information with other insurers through various databases to help us check information provided and also prevent fraudulent claims.
Insurers supply details of motor insurance policies to the Motor Insurance Database (MID). The MID is run by the Motor Insurers Information Centre (MIIC). MID data may be used by the DVLA and DVLNI for the purpose of Electronic Vehicle Licensing and by the Police for the purposes of establishing whether a driver’s use of the vehicle is likely to be covered by a motor insurance policy and/or for preventing and detecting crime. If you are involved in an accident, the MID may be used by Insurers, MIIC and the Motor Insurers’ Bureau to identify relevant policy information. People pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident may also obtain relevant information held on the MID. For more information visit www.mib.org.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and this allows web applications to respond to you as an individual.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries. For more information visit enter google site.
- We may embed videos from a YouTube channel and this may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. For more information visit enter google site.
Link to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We may choose to restrict the collection or use your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click and indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you then please write to The Compliance Manager, Aldium Insurance Services Ltd, Viscount House, High Street, Neston, Wirral, CH64 9AD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have a complaint, please contact us at the following address:
Miss Janet Tindle
Aldium Insurance Services Ltd
Viscount House, High Street, Neston